Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Glued...

For the first time, I'm initiating something that out of my comfort zone. Mean I have started to contact people for some assistance.

It goes like below. Tell me what you think ...

Dear Prof SJ Barnes,

My name is xxxx from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I'm planning to
pursue my PhD looking for suitable supervisor for my research.

I have been in local SME consulting industry in Malaysia for almost 7
years. Particularly, my domain is on new media implementation for SME
specifically on adoption and implementation. Throughout my 3 years
experience in implementing mobile marketing, I have found a slow
adoption among SMEs. This come as a surprise since the mobile phone
penetration in Malaysia is high (more than 90%) and the SMS usage
among the highest in Asia Pacific region. Yet the SMEs to manipulate
the huge mobile phone users to increase their sales.

Malaysia as a role model of Islamic country, the research will
contribute widely to the adoption of mobile marketing in other
country. As far as Middle East concern, the mobile marketing prospect
in that region is very much much promising.

Your reputation, research and journals in mobile communications has
assist me vastly to understand deeper on the subject. I'm looking
forward to do more extensive research on this at the same time looking
for a placement and a possibility for you to be my PhD supervisor.

I am looking forward for a favorable reply from you.

Thank you.

Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment